In yesterdays duplicate index blog post, I mentioned that there would be an update to the index analysis stored procedure today. Without further ado, you can jump to the bottom and download it. There are a few things I’ve fixed from comments from people using the script and then major change is the addition of the new duplication logic.
INDEX ANALYSIS UPDATES
The main updates to the script in this release are the following:
- Fixed duplicate index logic to match that from That’s Actually A Duplicate Index
- Added check for disabled indexes to checks
- Expanded drop reasons with explanations and descriptions for dropping because of duplication, usage, and count of indexes
- Increased size of foreign key name to accommodate larger names
- Fixed issue causing DROP recommmendation on missing indexes
INDEX ANALYSIS DOWNLOADS
Click on the following links to download the index analysis script:
- SQL Server 2005 – [download id=”65″]
- SQL Server 2008 – [download id=”64″]
- SQL Server 2012 – [download id=”63″]
Comments and MORE INFORMATION
Let me know if you run into any issues with these scripts, my e-mail address is in the header of all of the procedures. If you are looking for a few hundred pages of indexing information, you can check out Expert Performance Indexing for SQL Server 2012. Along with that, for indexing resources from my blog, check out the index resource page.
Lastly, want to see this script do anything special with indexes? Leave a comment and I’ll see what I can do.