For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
I wasn’t too surprised by this week’s most popular link. Negotiating salaries always tends to lack fun and usually were across the desk from someone who’s done this more often that we have.
— Jason Strate (@StrateSQL) May 8, 2013
Last week’s top 20 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top twenty items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. Usually, I do a top ten, but I really like the items that were in the top twenty.
- How To Negotiate Your Salary [51 clicks]
- Microsoft to fold in-memory database technology into SQL Server Next [44 clicks]
- The Saddest Thing I Ever Heard a Manager Say [40 clicks]
- The secrets of body language: why you should never cross your arms again [34 clicks]
- LinkedIn Labs | InMaps|Visualize your LinkedIn network [30 clicks]
- SQL Server 2012 partitioned table statistics update behavior change when rebuilding index [26 clicks]
- SQL Server Alerts with Text Messaging from SQL Server Database Mail [25 clicks]
- The Microsoft Certified Solutions Master: Data Platform Knowledge Exam is available today! [23 clicks]
- Microsoft Goes After 3 Big Data Myths [21 clicks]
- Microsoft Azure overtakes Amazon’s cloud in performance test [20 clicks]
- How to Overcome Perfectionism [20 clicks]
- Why You Should Write Daily [19 clicks]
- Analyzing Storage Performance [17 clicks]
- Career Advice: How to Prepare for a Conference [14 clicks]
- Using Filtered Indexes to Improve Performance [13 clicks]
- Understanding the SQL Server 2012 Licensing Model [13 clicks]
- Drunk falling into a worm [13 clicks]
- The Ten Commandments of SQL Server Monitoring [13 clicks]
- 5 Killer Ways to Improve your Writing Right Now [12 clicks]
- SQL Server 2012 PDW extends big data capability [11 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they sure are entertaining and interesting (and a couple are pretty gross).
- How to use a semicolon – The Oatmeal [23 clicks]
- Funny yearbook photos [17 clicks]
- 10 Mouthwatering Pick Up Lines To Help You Flirt With Food [16 clicks]
- LEGO® CUUSOO | Avengers: Iron Man Mark VII Armor [15 clicks]
- This Lego Mashup of Volkswagen and Star Wars Works Surprisingly Well [15 clicks]
- I Want These Daft Punk Lego Minifigs More Than Their New Album [15 clicks]
- Old Spock battles New Spock in the greatest car commercial ever [15 clicks]
- What to watch on Netflix – Miramax [9 clicks]
- Roses are red, bacon is red [8 clicks]
- #Bacon Houses: So Much Uglier Than You’d Imagine [8 clicks]
- Bacon Cheeseburger Fatty – smoked in a Bradley beef, cheddar [8 clicks]
- Mark Hamill Wants Less CGI In Star Wars VII | The Mary Sue [7 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.