For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
The most popular link that I sent out this week doesn’t have the most safe-for-work content. It’s basically a couple with a restaurant in Arizona that decided to take on the internet after a poor reception on some reality show they were on. It was something like, “your restaurant sucks, let me show everybody what morons you are” – that’s not the name of the show, but it sums it up nicely. Anyways, they take on the internet, and low-and-behold, the internet wins.
“This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever” bit.ly/15LrL4X <– just wow
— Jason Strate (@StrateSQL) May 15, 2013
Last week’s top 11! “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top twenty items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. I had planned for a top 10, but number 11 is a review of my indexing book – so I’ve included it and recommend you read that… then read my indexing book.
- Geek City: What gets logged for index rebuild operations? [52 clicks]
- How a Single Tweet Can Change Your Career [41 clicks]
- 5 SQL Server White Papers Every DBA Should Read [36 clicks]
- Know the Difference Between Your Data and Your Metrics [30 clicks]
- Consultants – Why pay more? [24 clicks]
- SQL Server Customer Advisory Team – SQL Server Best Practices [19 clicks]
- Why CONTROL SERVER Doesn’t Cut It [15 clicks]
- Introducing our latest SQL Server 2008 Microsoft Certified Master – Wayne Sheffield [15 clicks]
- Doing Your Job [14 clicks]
- Distinct Aggregation Considered Harmful [14 clicks]
- Book review: Expert Performance Indexing for SQL Server 2012 [13 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they sure are entertaining and interesting (and a couple are pretty gross).
- This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever [112 clicks]
- 9 Incredible Objects That Prove 3D Printers Are Totally Worth it [27 clicks]
- 6 Steps To Healing Yourself [16 clicks]
- DDOS on the VideoLAN downloads infrastructure [14 clicks]
- Thor 2 : The Dark World Trailer (2013) [12 clicks]
- The worst break-up stories ever [11 clicks]
- Timelapse: Changed Over A Few Decades via Google Earth Engine [9 clicks]
- Michael Bay Is Why Transformers Got So Complicated [10 clicks]
- Google Expected to Start a Competitor to Spotify [0 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.