For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
The most popular link this week was a Doctor Who announcement about Matt Smith leaving the show. I’m really bummed about this. He’s my favorite Doctor, with Tom Baker in a close second. It’s hard to imagine that the next Doctor can be better, but then again, they’ve done a phenomenal job with the show in the last few years – so anything can happen.
BBC – Blogs-Doctor Who-Matt Smith announces he is to leave Doctor Who bit.ly/147dfkP
— Jason Strate (@StrateSQL) June 2, 2013
Last week’s top 20 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top twenty items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. Usually, I do a top ten, but I really like the items that were in the top twenty.
- The many uses of CROSS APPLY [25 clicks]
- PASS Summit 2013 is Looking Cloudy [19 clicks]
- Drafting Email You’ll Never Send-Probably [17 clicks]
- Do you check to see if an SSIS package has been modified? [16 clicks]
- SQL Server DDL Triggers to Track All Database Changes [15 clicks]
- Big Data Finds ‘Zombie Stores’ [13 clicks]
- Statistics (Part 1) – What would you say you do here? [13 clicks]
- Statistics (Part 2) – I am your density [13 clicks]
- T-SQL Tuesday #41 – Presenting and loving it? [13 clicks]
- The Obstacle is the Path [12 clicks]
- Tina Turner singing Proud Mary at #msteched [11 clicks]
- Flowing with the Stresses of Kids (or anyone else) [11 clicks]
- Understanding HA [10 clicks]
- Less Daily Stress: 10 Small Habits That Will Help You [9 clicks]
- Breakthrough performance with in-memory technologies [9 clicks]
- Looking at Database Snapshot Performance [9 clicks]
- Is Your Code an English Garden or Ikebana? [8 clicks]
- T-SQL Tuesday #41 – Presenting Opens Doors [7 clicks]
- Factivism [3 clicks]
- Windows Keeps Getting Better [2 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they sure are entertaining and interesting.
- BBC – Blogs-Doctor Who-Matt Smith announces he is to leave Doctor Who [35 clicks]
- Really digging the Moguai beat at 19 mins in… [31 clicks]
- Spinnin’ Sessions Episode 003 – incl. guestmix by Firebeatz [31 clicks]
- An impressive DIY Portal bedroom [15 clicks]
- ‘After Earth’ Reviews: 9 Scathing Responses To Will Smith’s Sci-Fi Blockbuster [14 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.