For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
Last week’s top 15 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top fifteen items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. I usually do twenty but this week there weren’t twenty items, so we’re going a bit below that. If you missed them throughout the week, here’s the opportunity to get caught up on some items that other’s read after I linked them out.
- Using Set Theory Instead of ISNULL To Filter Data [67 clicks]
- 9 Rules for a Simpler Day [48 clicks]
- SQL Server Baseline Collection [24 clicks]
- TSQL Tuning: How to Measure Performance Improvements (with Video) [20 clicks]
- Want a new job – make sure you are on Linkedin [18 clicks]
- Bitmap Magic (or… how SQL Server uses bitmap filters) [18 clicks]
- Adam Machanic : CloudSeeder: CLR Stored Procedures For Creating CPU Pressure [16 clicks]
- New Immersion Event for Accidental/Involuntary/Junior DBAs [15 clicks]
- The 6 Most Baffling Slang Phrases from Around the World [14 clicks]
- MERGE Statement Tips [13 clicks]
- Rob Farley : A TOP Query [12 clicks]
- Business Intelligence Requirements Gathering [10 clicks]
- Centralized Asynchronous Auditing across Instances and Servers with Service Broker [9 clicks]
- Tamarick Hill : SQL Dependency DMV’s [9 clicks]
- Viewing and Interacting with SSRS Reports on an iPad [8 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they sure are entertaining and interesting.
- Is this one of @sqlagentman’s pets? [23 clicks]
- 5 Thrilling Posters for your Boring Everyday Fights [15 clicks]
- Ultimate Tic-Tac-Toe | Math with Bad Drawings [7 clicks]
- Jane McGonigal: The game that can give you 10 extra years of life #TED [6 clicks]
- Half of Internet Traffic in North America Is Just to Watch Netflix and YouTube [4 clicks]
- The Muppets: American Woman [4 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.