For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
The most popular link last week is from a wedding toast. Now, typically, I might ignore that as the most popular link, except it was a mighty fine toast. And as a fan of karaoke, a toast done to Eminem’s Lose It has to be included.
Last week’s top 15 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top fifteen items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. As I mentioned last week, I usually do twenty but, again, this week there weren’t twenty items, so we’re going a bit below that. If you missed them throughout the week, here’s the opportunity to get caught up on some items that other’s read after I linked them out.
- Microsoft Free Software – a personal top ten [46 clicks]
- Help Me Help You Fix That [26 clicks]
- MCM Road Less Traveled [22 clicks]
- Data Warehousing: Lessons We Have Failed to Learn [22 clicks]
- A Nerd’s Guide to Success and Happiness [21 clicks]
- Sharpshooting Query Plans From The Cache [19 clicks]
- Using CROSS APPLY to calculate an aggregate across a single row. [18 clicks]
- Training Optional for Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MSCM) [17 clicks]
- TechEd 2013–Favorite Sessions [16 clicks]
- Even Tiny Data Has Significance [15 clicks]
- SQLBalls: T-SQL Tuesday #44 The Second Chance [14 clicks]
- Microsoft’s SQL Server 2014: More than just in-memory OLTP [13 clicks]
- CHECKDB internals: what is the BlobEater? [12 clicks]
- Are you obligated to point out security flaws if you’re just hired for a small job? [11 clicks]
- Great Tools for Formatting T-SQL [11 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they sure are entertaining and interesting. It does seem that I was a little focused on the Xbox One, I’m really looking forward to that coming out.
- Maid of Honor Loses Herself in Eminem-Inspired Wedding Toast [72 clicks]
- 10 false facts most people think are true | MNN – Mother Nature Network [32 clicks]
- Sexiest Pool Party Ever (Featuring Nathan Fillion) [29 clicks]
- July 4th Park Rules [19 clicks]
- When the Most Personal Secrets Get Outed on Facebook [17 clicks]
- XboxOne, PS4 launch prices compared to inflation-adjusted launches of old [16 clicks]
- Taking the Hobbits to Isengard [9 clicks]
- Bees are nature’s 3D printer [9 clicks]
- Xbox Music web version launches today [8 clicks]
- Kinect HD Is Xbox One’s Best Idea – Forbes [8 clicks]
- Gravity-defying levitating superconductor on a magnetic Möbius strip [6 clicks]
- Will Crowdfunding Produce the World’s First Working Hoverboard? [6 clicks]
- Anew hope for the Navajo: ‘Star Wars’ translated! [5 clicks]
- Microsoft’s Xbox One reputation system is built to make trolls play with trolls [5 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.