Monday morning and it’s time for weekly round-up. If you follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. While these links aren’t the answer to life, the universe, and everything, they do share a few things about SQL Server and other topics that people that follow me may find useful.
The links included in this summary are those prefixed with “Reading” and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Third Most Popular Link
Last week’s top 20 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top twenty items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. If you missed them throughout the week, here’s the opportunity to get caught up on some items that other’s read after I linked them out.
- Why should you go to PASS Summit? [36 clicks]
- SQL 2014 SSMS is Killing my C: [35 clicks]
- Ralph Kimball Books [32 clicks]
- What is the CXPACKET Wait Type, and How Do You Reduce It? [25 clicks]
- What’s The Biggest Mistake You Make Each Day? : SQLRockstar : Thomas LaRock [23 clicks]
- Guthrie: MSDN Subscribers Leaving Thousands in Azure Credits on the Table [19 clicks]
- Stepping Outside the Comfort Zone [18 clicks]
- We can handle the truth [18 clicks]
- Building a Technical Presentation – Part 3 [17 clicks]
- Microsoft to shut down TechNet subscription service | ZDNet [15 clicks]
- Programming [14 clicks]
- Baselining with SQL Server Dynamic Management Views [14 clicks]
- How do I use a variable in an IN clause? [13 clicks]
- The Stages of Performance Tuning [12 clicks]
- Road Warrior Gadgets [11 clicks]
- Fixing a Bug: DBCC CHECKDB data purity checks are skipped for master and model [10 clicks]
- SQL Server Standard Edition High Availability Futures [10 clicks]
- Why Fear of Discomfort Might Be Ruining Your Life [9 clicks]
- Rock your data with SQL Server 2012 Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW) – POC Experiences [9 clicks]
- Performance Guidance for SQL Server in Windows Azure Virtual Machines [8 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they are interesting and worth a second look.
- The myth of NASA’s expensive space pens [23 clicks]
- US judge tells man he’s still legally dead [22 clicks]
- Insane Truck Snowbank Jump [17 clicks]
- 33 Reasons Zubaz Are The Only Pants You’ll Ever Need [13 clicks]
- A Few Thoughts on Content Creation, Monetization, and Strategy 98 Comments [2 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.