It’s Tuesday (Monday was a holiday for me this week) and time for this week’s weekly blog and twitter round-up for last week. If you haven’t already, follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL). This is a good chance to catch up on data platform technology and career related information I’ve shared in the last week and activity on this blog.
Most Popular Article Shared
Last weeks most popular link is a blog post by Paul Randal (Blog | @PaulRandal) on SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD. This wait is one of those that can be the most frustrating to people and I’ve walked into a few interesting engagements in which I had to troubleshoot this wait. If you haven’t, check out Paul’s post.
Last Week’s Popular Posts
The most popular posts on this blog in the week are:
- 31 Days of SSIS – The Introduction (676)
- Get Just The Tools: SSMS Download (521)
- 31 Days of SSIS – Raw Files Are Awesome (1/31) (321)
- 31 Days of SSIS as a Book (315)
- Looking to SQL Server 2014 High Availability In Standard Edition (180)
- Security Questions: Difference Between db_datawriter and db_ddladmin? (151)
- Security Questions: Grant Permissions to All Stored Procedures (150)
- Determining Filegroup for a Table (131)
- 31 Days of SSIS – Generating Row Numbers (23/31) (130)
- The Side Effect of NOLOCK (124)
Last Week’s Top 4 “Reading” Links
Along with the most popular link, here are the top four (
I didn’t share too much) items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were shared last week. If you missed them throughout the week, here’s the opportunity to get caught up on some items that other’s read after I linked them out.
- Identifying queries with SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD waits [13 clicks]
- SQL Server 2016 : Availability Group Enhancements [9 clicks]
- Power BI output now a public preview feature of Azure Stream Analytics [8 clicks]
- Power BI with Azure SQL Database [6 clicks]
Last Week’s Posts From Previous Years
Sometimes the most useful content on a blog wasn’t written in the past week, it’s often other articles shared in the past that resonate with readers. Check out the following links that I published in past years over the past week:
- Connect Item on Import/Export Wizard (2010-05-20)
- Security Questions: What permissions are required to create temporary tables? (2013-05-21)
- Security Questions: Grant Permissions to All Stored Procedures (2013-05-22)
- Security Questions: Differences between “Grant” and “With Grant?” (2013-05-23)
Other Items Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they are interesting and worth a second look.
- Google turned millions of public photos into timelapses showing how Earth changes [28 clicks]
- Adult dating site hack exposes sexual secrets of millions [27 clicks]
- Destiny’s New ‘Queen’s Wrath’ Event Is Everything Right With The Game [7 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week?