Previously, in a TSQL2sDay index summary post, I started a series on the DMV sys.dm_db_index_operational_stats. The series investigates how the columns in the DMV are populated and demonstrates how to aggregate values in the DMV.
The posts in this series are:
- Index Black Ops Part 1 – Locking and Blocking
- Index Black Ops Part 2 – Page IO Latch, Page Latch
- Index Black Ops Part 3 – Index Usage
- Index Black Ops Part 4 – Index Overhead and Maintenance
- Index Black Ops Part 5 – Page Splits
- Index Black Ops Part 6 – Fill Factor vs. Page Splits
Scripts from the series – Index-Black-Ops
PDF with all posts – Index-Black-Ops
If you have any questions on the materials or think clarity is needed, please leave a comment. I plan to update this document from time to time as I learn more on how to this DMV operates.