Just in time for Christmas, SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4 has RTM’d. If you are using SQL Server 2005 make sure you take a look at this and the Microsoft SQL Server support lifecycle to see that you have the coverage that you need.
As I mentioned a few months back, it is important to pay attention to when Microsoft releases Cumulative Updates for S`QL Server. If you are curious to what has changed, then take a look at the following release information.
In case you were sick the weeks these all came out, your other installations of SQL Server should be at the following levels:
- SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Cumulative Update 17 (out of support 1/12/2010)
- SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 Cumulative Update 12
- SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4
- SQL Server 2008 Cumulative Update 10
- SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update 10
- SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Cumulative Update 1
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Cumulative Update 4